We do not track information about data usage, only the total amount you use. You can see how much data you are using by logging into the client area and checking your product/service or by calling us at the office.
How do I view my usage?
- Log into your Client Area
- Go to "Services" - It will list all of your services on your account.
- Go to the Internet Service you would like to view (NetStart, NetPlus, NetMAX).
- Your bandwidth usage for the year will be displayed at the bottom.
What could be using data?
- Streaming services such as YouTube, Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime, etc. can use upwards of 10GB/hour.
- Game Downloads - Game consoles like PlayStation and XBOX no longer just read games off a disk. They download the game from the internet and store it locally. PC games work the same way, everything is downloaded from the internet. Some games these days can be upwards of 100GB!
- Web browsing and checking email usually does not use much data.
- Streaming audio usually will not use much data.
What happens if you go over our data?
- You will receive a warning email at 80% of your usage.
- You will receive an overage email at 100% of your usage.
- When you reach your data threshold your connection will be slowed down to 1Mbps.
- We do not charge for overages.
When will my data reset?
- Your data will reset on the first of every month. It does not go by your billing date.
How can I control my data usage?
- Streaming Video - Most streaming video sites will let you choose the quality of video. If you lower the quality from HD to SD it can save a huge amount of data. Most sites will show you how to do this in their support section.
- Video Games - Sometimes it is possible to disable automatic game updates. This way games that you don't play all the time will not use data by doing automatic updates.