NETAGO is applying for a grant to the Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) to provide improved internet service to underserviced areas of our service area. Current bandwidth speeds in your portion on the NETAGO service area are below the CRTC target bandwidth speed service standards: 50Mbps (download) and 10Mbps (upload).
The likelihood of a successful application will improve significantly if NETAGO has the backing of its subscribers and the community overall. Thus, we are asking for your assistance in demonstrating both the need for, and the benefits of improved Internet service.
Please visit: https://performance.cira.ca/ISED
- Who do we send the results to?
There is no need to send the results to anyone, the data is logged by CIRA.
- The map is showing me located at a different spot than we currently are, how can this be changed?
The map can be zoomed in or out using the +/- symbols in the top left corner. You can then drag the location point to be closer to your location.
- Why am I not getting your advertised speeds?
There are many reasons you may not be getting your full speed, for best results:
- Only the tester should use the internet at your location during a test.
- Stop any downloads or uploads on the test device.
- Preferable test device should be a PC or laptop.
- If possible use a device that is plugged directly into your router via an Ethernet cable.
- Shut down all programs on your device except the test.
- We do expect that during peak times such as evenings, your connection may be slower than earlier in the day. Please test at different times to give more accurate data.